There’s no one-size-fits-all answer when it comes to de-stressing, but following these steps and different products that can help you feel less stressed in a hurry can help you get started.
Detoxify Your Body
Detoxifying your body involves removing pollutants and toxins from your system. By doing this, you can restore balance and improve your overall health.
One way to detoxify your body is by drinking plenty of water. This helps to flush out impurities and waste products from your system. You can also eat fresh fruits and vegetables, which are rich in antioxidants and other detoxifying chemicals.
If you are struggling with a serious illness, see a doctor for guidance on how to detoxify your body effectively.
They may recommend supplements or special diets that can help to speed up the process.
Get a Good Night’s Sleep
Get a good night’s sleep by following these tips:
- Make sure your room is dark and quiet.
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol before bed.
- Avoid working on your computer or phone in bed.
- Avoid watching television or reading in bed.
Take a Break
As humans, we’re constantly working and striving to achieve our goals.
But sometimes, it’s helpful to take a break and let our minds and bodies rest.
Here are five mental wellness products that can help you de-stress like a wellness expert:
1. Himalayan pink salt lamps: These lamps are said to help with anxiety and depression, as well as improve sleep quality and circulation.
2. Lavender essential oil diffusers: Lavender is known for its calming properties, which can help you relax after a long day.
3. Chamomile tea: Chamomile is a mild tea that has been traditionally used to help with relaxation and anxiety.
4. Green tea: Green tea is another type of tea that can help promote relaxation and calmness.
5. Epsom salts: Epsom salts are known to be beneficial for the body, including for reducing stress levels.
You don’t have to be a fitness guru to know that regular exercise is key for overall health.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), people who get at least 130 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise each week — such as brisk walking, biking, swimming, or playing tennis — are less likely to develop heart disease, stroke, diabetes, and some types of cancer.
In addition, regular exercise can help you lose weight and improve your mood.
In fact, CDC data shows that people who report getting an equivalent amount of physical activity in other forms (such as dance or yoga) have a lower risk of mortality than those who do not report any physical activity at all.
So what are some of the best ways to de-stress like a wellness expert?
One way is by incorporating regular exercise into your daily routine. Even 10 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise can help relieve stress and improve moods.
Additionally, make sure you’re reaching your fitness goals by incorporating different types of exercises into your routine.
For example, you could try Pilates if you want to improve your flexibility, resistance training if you want to tone your muscles, or stretching if you want to ease tension in your body.
And last but not least, be sure to take breaks once in a while.
When you feel stressed out and overwhelmed, taking some time for yourself can help calm down and restore balance.
Eat Healthy Foods
In order to live a healthy lifestyle and reduce stress, it is important to eat a balanced diet and get plenty of exercise.
Here are five items that you can eat to de-stress like a wellness expert:
1. Fresh fruits and vegetables. A big part of a healthy diet is making sure you’re getting enough vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. A good way to do this is by eating fresh fruits and vegetables.
They’re packed with nutrients and are high in fiber which can help you feel full longer. Plus, they’re delicious!
2. Whole grains. Whole grains are another great source of fiber, protein, and vitamins and minerals. They’re also low in calories so you can enjoy them without feeling guilty.
Try adding them to your breakfast cereal, oatmeal, or salads for added texture and nutrition.
3. Lean protein sources. When it comes to reducing stress levels, one of the best things you can do is increase your intake of lean protein sources such as chicken breast, fish, tofu, eggs, or legumes such as beans or lentils.
These foods provide essential amino acids which help regulate moods and keep energy levels up throughout the day.
4. Low-fat dairy products. Skim milk, low-fat yogurt, and cheese replacements such as coconut milk cheese or almond cheese—are all great ways to add some healthy fats to your diet while reducing the amount of sugar that you’re consuming.
They’ll also help to increase your energy levels and curb cravings.
5. Herbal supplements. If you’re looking for a more holistic approach to stress relief, consider taking natural supplements such as omega-3 fatty acids, magnesium, or ashwagandha.
These supplements have been shown to be helpful in reducing anxiety and promoting overall well-being.
Take a few minutes to sit and focus on your breath. Notice the air coming in and going out of your nose, mouth and lungs.
Feel the warmth of the air as it enters and leaves your body.
Observe the rise and fall of your chest as you breathe. Listen to the sound of your own breathing, in and out.
When you’re ready, begin to think about your day. What have you been doing? What are you feeling? What are you looking forward to? Where are you right now?
Once you’ve had a chance to reflect on your day, continue to focus on your breath.
Take a deep inhalation and hold it for a moment before letting it out slowly.
Exhale completely, allowing all the tension and stress from your body to release.
Feel yourself relax into the moment. Repeat this calming ritual several times until you feel centered and relaxed.
Looking for a way to de-stress like a wellness expert? Check out our top 5 products that can help you achieve just that! So why wait? Give one of these amazing products a try today!